The Home Office Border Force needed to integrate various large datasets in order to reduce the time that analysts took to identify illegal immigrants. As a Capgemini Integration Engineer, Unusual Systems staff member was engaged with a small cross-industry team to prototype the extraction, transformation and loading of several large datasets into a single data warehouse, based on Palantir’s distributed database.
- Cleaned, normalised and fused the (“ETL”) datasets
- Wrote Java plugins for the analytic toolset Palantir to query the distributed (shared) dataset
- Designed models to identify and explain suitable data distribution approaches to stakeholders
- Demonstrated prototype
- Advised analysts on new techniques for the new data
- Wrote the technical case for the following (winning) proposal for an operational system