As a Principal Engineer at General Dynamics, an Unusual Systems staff member was engaged to lead research and develop technologies that would improve soldier’s awareness of the situation around them.
- Evaluated cutting edge sensors including shot detectors, ground-based radar, motion detectors, video analytics, heat sensors, etc.
- Designed and developed federated tactical sensor network meshes to integrate a wide range of capabilities in a dynamic, hostile and power-constrained environment.
- Led a team of highly qualified researchers to develop algorithms that fused real-time data from wide varieties of sensors into usefully informative data.
- Researched technical papers on tactical issues such as managing logistics information close to the front line.
- Integrated C4I tactical networks with operational networks.
These provided the MoD with the expertise to evaluate and select tactical C4I systems for operational use.