HMRC is responsible for the administration and collection of direct taxes in the UK and integrates several large datasets from other agencies to identify tax fraud and evasion.
In 2014 Martin was tasked as a Capgemin Integration Engineer to add new large datasets and associated software to a week-long data pipeline managed by bespoke legacy web services
- Coordinated schedules and resources
- Re-wrote deployment process
- Designed safe separation of existing systems
- Configured web servers and linux VMs; wrote perl scripts; tailored bespoke web apps
- Directed deployments
- Led live system problem-solving.